A writing competition
Dreams of My Future
How do you think about your future? What will it take to achieve your goals?
Contraception allows us to plan our futures and our sexual and reproductive health. We invite you to tell us about your dreams and the role contraception plays in helping achieve them in a writing competition themed Dreams of My Future.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to women ages 18 and older who are African citizens. We especially encourage entries from young women.
- Inside My Purse is a project of the International Partnership for Microbicides (IPM). IPM staff or their family members, or any of IPM’s partners, vendors or representatives are not eligible to enter.
- There is no entry or participation fee.
Entries will be reviewed by Inside My Purse/IPM staff, who will announce the winner or winners of the competition (“Winner(s)”) on 25 November 2020.
Entries will be evaluated on:
- Content: Relevance and creativity in response to the competition theme.
- Organisation and Ideas: Organisation and clarity of ideas, and whether the post captures the readers’ attention.
- Voice: How the writer expresses her unique perspective.
- Grammar and punctuation: To ensure readability.
- Featured post on the Inside My Purse website and/or Facebook page.
- Inside My Purse swag such as a T-shirt, small purse containing personal care items, cell phone holder or face mask. Granting of a prize does not constitute any contract, obligation or other legal relationship between Winner(s) and IPM.
Granting of a prize may entail requesting some personal information from you, such as your mailing address, in order to send you the prize. We will not share or sell your personal information or use it for any purpose other than prize fulfilment.
- Winner(s) will be announced on Inside My Purse’s Facebook page. Winner(s) will be chosen at the sole and absolute discretion of Inside My Purse/IPM, who is not obligated to inform or otherwise update those competition entrants who did not win.
- Inside My Purse/IPM’s decision is final and at its sole discretion. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into by us in relation to that decision.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Winner(s). Inside My Purse/IPM does not accept responsibility for Winner(s) who are unable to be contacted due to providing an incorrect email address on the entry form. If any Winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within 5 days of being contacted, Inside My Purse/IPM reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- You own the rights to your work. By submitting an entry, you grant Inside My Purse the right to make proofreading edits for clarity, to publish your post on the blog and/or social media channels, and to use your post in paid social media promotions. Substantive edits to your original work beyond grammar, punctuation or formatting would require your agreement, and possible revision, before publication.
- Entrants must obtain permission to share the names and stories of any individuals included in the piece, and are fully responsible for doing so, and should note when names have been changed.
- You submit your entry with the understanding of potential risks associated with publishing personal stories, e.g., if you, family members or other individuals are identifiable in the content.
- IPM and its agents and representatives are not responsible and will be held harmless for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the competition or any claims related to your submission.
- Entries will be disqualified that contain statements, facts, information or quotations that may encourage persecution of people on the grounds of race, opinion, religion, ability, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, profession or other persuasion; encourage the breaking of laws; or contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other material deemed unsuitable or offensive.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, IPM will not be liable where an entrant has breached local laws and/or regulations in connection with the competition.
- IPM reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, as well as to adapt the rules and awards at any time.